We are seeking a mechanical engineer to join our team! You will be responsible for designing new optical products and tooling used in the manufacturing of optical components and assemblies. The mechanical engineer will be a key member of the Greenlight Optics technical staff, working both independently and as a team with optical engineers, manufacturing, customers, and other mechanical engineers.
- Design of new opto-mechanical products from concept design to prototype design to production design. Examples of products include camera modules, projection systems, and LED illumination modules.
- Design assembly and test fixtures for manufacturing
- Assist in the design of new injection mold tooling
- Building and evaluating prototype optical systems
- Work closely with internal manufacturing and external suppliers for fabrication and supply of components
- Communicate with customers to understand and translate requirements into product specs and ensure successful integration of Greenlight Optics subassemblies into customer’s product.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
Excellent work environment, paid time off, health and dental benefits, 401k with company match, and competitive salary.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering (recent grads are encouraged to apply)
- Proficient in CAD using Solidworks
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, including machining and injection molding
- Written and verbal communication skills and works well as part of a team
- Project organization and management skills