As a Quality Engineer at Greenlight Optics, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality level of our products and increasing customer satisfaction. You will collaborate closely with various departments, vendors, and customers to meet our quality objectives. We are seeking an individual who excels in teamwork, communication, problem solving, and flexibility to join our team. Work includes collaborating with Greenlight’s manufacturing and engineering teams to identify the root cause of current or potential quality issues and coordinating the process of updating designs, procedures and training to ensure future products made at Greenlight meet requirements. You will also have the opportunity to shape the company’s quality management system as we actively transform it for future growth.
- Quality Control & Improvement
- QMS Maintenance & Compliance
- Customer interaction
Required skills and qualifications
- Teamwork: Collaborates with cross-functional teams, including production, design, and quality control, to achieve good quality outcomes. Actively participates in team meetings, sharing insights and expertise to drive continuous improvement.
- Communication: Fosters clear and effective communication across departments, vendors, and customers. Provides regular updates and reports on quality metrics, issues, and improvements.
- Works Well with Others: Builds positive working relationships with colleagues, promoting a culture of cooperation, respect, and shared goals. Mentor and train team members as needed to enhance their understanding of quality principles.
- Flexibility: Adapt to evolving quality standards and regulatory requirements. Respond promptly to emerging quality concerns and provide innovative solutions to meet changing needs. Finds ways to move forward in times of ambiguity.
- Quality Assurance: Develops, implements, and maintains quality control processes and procedures. Perform inspections to identify and address non-conformities. Ensure that products & services meet or exceed customer requirements. Schedules and performs internal QMS, process, and 5S audits.
- Vendor and Customer Relations: Collaborate with vendors to drive quality improvements in the supply chain. Establish and maintain strong customer relationships, addressing quality concerns and working proactively to meet their expectations.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and determine the cause of actual or potential quality issues and put systems in place to correct and prevent future issues.
- Data Analysis: Collect and analyze quality data to identify trends, areas for improvement, and root causes of defects. Utilize statistical tools and methodologies to drive data-driven decisions. Upkeep KRI’s, reports to management and product specific data such as SPC and run charts.
- Continuous Improvement: Drive the continuous improvement of quality systems and processes using quality tools such as DOE, statistically valid experiments, lean principles, six sigma, 5S.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2015 and bridge gaps between customer requirements and existing QMS to satisfy regulatory or system concerns.
- Is Hands-on: assists with quality issues on the floor, assists with engineering reports on returns, and finds resolution for returned product and non-conformances.
- Independent: Takes initiative without being asked to set goals and priorities to achieve the overall objectives of the quality system.
Desirable skills and qualifications
- ASQ CQE
- ASQ Certified auditor
- Experience with compliance of a variety of ISO standards of 13485 and IS AS 9100
- Engineering Degree (or equivalent experience)
Excellent work environment, paid time off, health and dental benefits, 401k with company match, and competitive salary.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME